Singapore Airlines regional wing – Silk Air is surprisingly comfortable and reliable way how to explore 49 destinations across Asia.
This small boutique airline operates fleet of 29 aircrafts. B737 , A319 and A320.
Silk Air is not low budget carrier such a Tiger Air, or Air Asia and offers full service, business class and 30kg of baggage allowance!
I got lucky and my latest flight SIN-HKT was on brand new B737 with Sky Interior Cabin. The below points reflecting my experience based on this aircraft.
Why should YOU consider Silk Air for your next flight …
- 32″ seat pitch
- clean, bright with nice seat colour theme
- pleasant cabin crew
- full meal service on a flight below 2 hours
- free soft and alcoholic beverages
- selection of seat during booking process
- on time departure
- on board entertainment system you download into personal mobile device
- 30kg baggage allowance for no extra fee
- pillows and blankets available
- shared frequent flyer program with Singapore Airlines
- complimentary newspaper
Not so good :
- I cant’ help it, but I do miss personal TV
- downloadable entertainment system doesn’t have a good choice of channels.
Ground service was quick and efficient and I have even got offered emergency seat for no extra charge. For those flying business class can use Singapore Airlines business lounge.
I personally didn’t like the brown seats ( 40″ seat pitch )
Service on board was very quick and the crew went thru the cabin few times with refreshments after meal service.
Of course, flying with Silk Air doesn’t have the price tag of Air Asia, but if you looking for quality with no bad surprises, safety and comfort … Silk Air is a very good choice.