No matter, if the next flight is your first, or just the latest. Flying isn’t splendid experience anymore and economy class flying can be a very tense experience.
It’s important to plan ahead and get the best seat to make your journey as comfortable as possible.
Nearly 45 million of us were flying on-board of Emirates aircrafts in the past year. You can visit more than 150 destinations in 80 countries with an easy transfer via DXB airport.
In this post, we will be having a closer look at the A380 aircraft.
As a frequent flyer, I have “tested & verified” all the different aircrafts and seats to help you choose the most suitable seat on your next journey.
Note, that the perfect economy seat doesn’t exist and I am just suggesting the best seat possible based on my own experience + describe the good/bad for each selection.
Emirates has 3 different types of passenger aircrafts in it’s fleet :
- A380 – 67 aircrafts ( up to 617 passengers )
- A330 -18 aircrafts ( up to 278 passengers )
- B777 -135 aircrafts ( up to 442 passengers )
The best seats on the Emirates A380 aircraft
In my personal opinion…A380 is the best way to fly in economy class today, because :
- the latest comfy seat design
- 10inch personal touch screen with touch* remote control ( *the newest A380’s )
- 19 inch wide seat
- spacious feel and quite cabin
- very steady in the air
- generous washrooms
- space to walk or stretch
The Best Seat :
Row 68 + 81 A/K ( both window seats )
- Unlimited leg room
- No need to stack your TV during take-off/landing
- No need to disturb anyone while leaving the seat
- No disturbance from other passengers
- Easy to lean against the wall ( great for a little nap )
- Right next to the emergency exit door
- Middle of the plane – centre of a gravity and least turbulence
- One of the first to get served in this section of the plane
- Feels somehow private and quieter
Not so good :
- Only 4 seats on the plane
- Gets cold during long haul flights
2nd Option :
Row 51 D/G ( last middle row in the first cabin / left or right aisle seat only )
Why ? :
- Unlimited recline
- Very spacious feel thanks to the emergency doors on each side
- Private feel ( no row of seat on each side )
- No kids nearby as this is the last row
- Proximity to the lavatory isn’t bothersome as there is lot’s a space around
- Front cabin is the smallest one and offers less crowded feel
- Front cabin = one of the first to disembark
Not so good :
- Gets colder due to close proximity of emergency door
- Last to be served in this cabin during meal time
3rd Option :
Row 50 A/K ( last side row of front economy cabin / window seat only )
- Front economy cabin is the smallest and feel quieter and more private
- No one behind you ( esp. good with touch screen TV’s…no “knocking” )
- Unobstructed view from window seat in this row
- Spacious feel
- Ideal for those who wish to sleep most of the flight
Not so good :
- Slightly limited recline
- Not easy to get out due to passengers sitting next to you
4th Option :
Row 43 / 67 / 80 – 12 Emergency door seats
Many travellers prefer emergency seats, but these are difficult to get as they are reserved for Skyward Gold members, downgraded passengers from business class and “friends”.
Seats are narrower and you have to stow the TV during take-off and landing. I also feel kind of exposed seating on those, but if you have a long legs this the the best.
You can always ask for those at the check-in…so get there early!
Don’t forget :
- adapter for earphones
- lower back cushion for more comfortable journey
- get on the plane early to assure space in the overhead bin as they get full very quick
- ear plugs or invest into a good pair of noise cancelling earphones. Bose are the best.
- scarf and eye mask
- select your seat during booking and check-in as soon as you can to assure your desired seat. Emirates now offers check-in 48 hours prior the scheduled departure !
- check few days before departure if your seat wasn’t swapped due to change of the aircraft !
Thank you for visiting
follow on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter & Youtube – travellerczech