Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit Luxury Collection
Sukhumvit Road 250 / Bangkok / Thailand
Well-appointed, refined and very conveniently located hotel. Perfect for a city break, business trip or family getaway.
The main reason I was attracted to this hotel, was the pool deck. I wanted to be in the heart of the city, but escape the hustle & bustle when needed and relax in a tropical surroundings.
It wasn’t just the pool what stood out…the impeccable service from every single staff member made my stay so much more enjoyable.
I was allocated a room even though I arrived well before my check-in time. Friendly and accommodating reception staff swiftly escorted me into my room so I can begin my 3 nights break in the Thailand’s buzzing capitol.
Now, let me show you around…
It doesn’t get much better than this. Direct connection via “private” bridge to the BTS Asoke Skytrain station with walkways to the Terminal 21 Mall and Metro.
Bangkok doesn’t really have a city centre and the metropolis is divided by roads. Sukhumvit road is one of the major one, with all the top shopping malls nearby (World Central, Siam Paragon, Terminal 21, Central Dep. Store and many more).
If sightseeing is what you up to, 20min by taxi gets you to the Grand Palace and Chao Phraya river historical area.
To avoid the traffic, use the Bangkok’s efficient public transport system. Journey from the Airport via airport rail link and only one change at Phaya Thai station is very easy, takes 45min and cost less than 100Baht ( $3 ).
I have upgraded to the Premier room and it was well worth it. The room itself has separate bedroom, hallway with walk in closet and bathroom.
Room feels spacious and elegant, offering lovely views over the city from the upper floors, upgraded interior and wonderfully comfortable king size bed.
Well stocked mini-bar, flat TV, working desk, 100% black-out curtains and enough sockets to re-charge your devices.
Bathroom has a bathtub, shower corner, bathrobes, soft slippers and toiletries. It is roomy and the green tiles adding a bit of colour in otherwise taupe interior.
Free Wi-Fi, breakfast included and most importantly…no noise can be heard from the corridor.
As one would expect …impeccable. Seriously, there isn’t one single thing to comment on.
Always smiley, helpful and exceptionally courteous. I am always impressed when the staff remembers what cocktail I’ve had the night before, preferred choice of breakfast food or just adding some “insider” trip for a nice place to see in the city.
Dining / Entertainment:
Two buffet areas :
- The Sala – pool deck restaurant (buffet open on the weekends)
- Orchid Café – the main breakfast/dinner buffet area near the lobby. Breakfast offers enormous variety of food to cater all the different nationalities and you must try the fresh mango…it is just irresistible.
Other restaurants :
- Italian Restaurant Rossini’s’
- Thai Restaurant Basil
- The Living Room Bar with live Jazz music and smaller cocktail bar Barsa
I didn’t try any other meal except the breakfast as there are so many places to eat outside. You will be spoilt for choice. I would recommend restaurant Thaithyme in Terminal 21 mall or Suda…inexpensive but great food only 2 min walk to the right side from the hotel ( Soi 14 / Khlong Toei )
As I mentioned earlier, the main reason I have chosen Sheraton Grande was the pool deck. Lagoon shaped pool and jungle setting immediately transports you on to a tropical far away island.
It really doesn’t feel like you are in Bangkok anymore and after long day of sightseeing, shopping or working, this is easily the best place you can unwind. Let the photos speak for themselves.
Don’t’ miss the professionally equipped gym with a bar, aerobic studio, spa, sauna, steam and Jacuzzi.
Who is it for :
No matter if business or pleasure is what brings you to the hotel, you will enjoy your stay in comfort and luxury.
What makes it special :
- Swimming Pool
- Great breakfast
Not so good :
- Shower door didn’t close properly ( if I have to say something ) ☺
Tips for Trips :
- Consider to hire a private long-tail boat for a canal tour to see how the local’s live on the river.
- Visit one of the vegetable markets and taste some unusual fruit
- Use Uber instead of a regular taxi, it works out cheaper and more comfortable. Have the address of the place you wish to go in Thai as some drivers don’t read/speak English.
- If you are planning to use the Skytrain/Metro, buy the1/3/5 day ticket so you don’t need to queue each time you need a ticket.
- For a wild night out, take only amount of cash you think you need and leave cards/expensive things inside the hotel safe.
- For “interesting” shopping – visit Terminal 21 Mall and for more upmarket experience, pass by the Central department store. It offers surprisingly wide selection of brands, good prices and also has a great restaurant on the men’s floor.