Sovereign Hotel Prague
Politickych Veznu St. / New Town / Prague
Comfortable, medium size property offering pleasant stay without breaking the bank. Suitable for visitors or business travellers alike.
Sovereign is a modern, bright and very clean hotel with friendly, helpful staff.
It’s slightly challenging to find it as the signage isn’t very noticeable but the four storey building sits on a corner of two streets which makes it easier to locate.
Hotel is offering 50 rooms.
Near but not too near to everything. I enjoy my sleep and Sovereign’s location is on a quiet corner but only a short walk away from the busy Wenceslas Square.
You can walk to all main sights and places, find plenty of restaurants, shops and day/night life activities without stepping into a taxi or metro.
Distances by foot:
- Wenceslas Sq. : less than 5min
- State Opera house : less than 5min
- Main Train Station : 5min
- Nearest Metro ( Mustek / Muzeum ) : 5-10min
- Na Prikopech ( shopping st. ) 10min
- Old Town Sq. : 15min
- Charles Bridge : 25min
- Airport is about 30-40min ( 700CZK ) taxi ride away.
Simple, clean and quiet. I prefer to choose the inner courtyard view room as it is very peaceful. There isn’t anything to see on the street anyway so better enjoy a good night sleep.
Room comes up with A/C, safe, minibar, selection of (paid) water, Tea/Coffee facility with nice assortment of tea’s, black-out curtains, flat TV, desk and comfy bed.
Rooms aren’t overly spacious but they do the job ☺
Bathroom has shower corner and the usual choice of toiletries. It takes a while to get the hot water though.
Wi-Fi is free in all rooms and public areas.
I’ve experienced friendly and helpful service on all occasions and all my requests were dealt with swiftly and professionally.
Check-In is always very quick and they do their best to find the most suitable room for you.
If I may, perhaps one small black point for no one assisting to carry your luggage up the stairs towards the reception.
Dining / Facilities:
There are two restaurants. One is used for Breakfast buffet and second one – Mr. A, for all day dining and bar. Mr.A offers weekly lunch set menu for very affordable prices.
Buffet breakfast was missing my favourite Czech pastries but otherwise offers decent selection of the usual hot food and cold cuts, selection of juices, yogurts and cereals. I enjoyed the wide selection of teas.
There is a small gym in the basement and also sauna/steam room for extra fee.
Who is it for :
For all travellers who enjoys simple, quality accommodation in a great location without the unnecessary luxury and for a fair price.
What makes it special:
- Friendly service
Not so good :
- Shower takes a while to get hot
- No one helping with luggage up the stairs
Tips for trips :
- Definitely visit beautiful Wallenstein gardens during your stay
- Don’t’ miss Prague Zoo if you travel with Kids ( it’s in the world’s TOP 3 )
- TriCafe near Charles Bridge offers the best coffee and 100% home-made food
- Prague is famous for its many passageways…have fun to find and explore them.
- Find all crazy sculptures from artist David Cerny ( horse, embryo, baby’s, or metalmorhosis )
- Your visit wouldn’t be complete without the view from the Zizkov TV tower
- For Prague Airport Survival guide click HERE!