Century Southern Tower Hotel Tokyo
Shinjuku / Tokyo
…honestly, I couldn’t have chosen a better base, to start my discovery of “the land of rising sun”.
As a Tokyo “virgin”, I wanted to be close to the public transport, have easy access from/to the airport, find a lot of things to do in a walking distance and have a great view from my room…
CST Hotel :
- Direct bus from Haneda Airport ( ¥1230 one way / 45min )
- 2 min walk to Shinjuku Subway Station ( the busiest in the world )
- 4 min walk to Shinjuku Express Bus Station
- Huge variety of shopping, dining on every corner
- Walking distance to Godzilla street which is a fun & dynamic part of Tokyo
- 50min by subway to Tokyo Disney resort
All of this helped me to enjoy my stay and make the most, of this intricate and huge city.
Luxury 4* property occupying 19th to 35th floor of an office complex. At first sight, it felt quite corporate, but majority of the guests were local and oversea tourists such myself.
Spacious lobby, you reach via glass lift from the ground floor, is already exciting “journey”. Sense of space, light, very professional and helpful staff adds to the very good first impression.
Hotel is modern, has a free Wi-Fi, restaurants, bar and a shop. I especially like the shop, as it has everything you possibly need. So getting a water, sandwich or just umbrella before you head, out was very convenient.
The direct access on to the lively promenade, or the street, proved to be very handy and the elevators are coming very quickly.
Spacious, modern and clean. You even get your own Pyjama ☺.
The best part of the room must be the view, Tokyo is mesmerising day and night and be able to see it all from the above, was just fantastic.
Beds are comfortable, rooms quiet and the blackout curtains block 100% of the light, if you wish to enjoy long sleep.
Room comes with Coffee/Tea making facility, big safe, minibar, fabric re-fresher and roomy wardrobe. There are enough sockets to charge your devices (get Japanese adaptor )
Every floor has a vending and ice machine.
As one would expect, efficient but yet, friendly and helpful. All staff from check-in to breakfast was very well proficient and helpful. They made me feel as valuable and welcomed guest.
Dining / Entertainment :
Breakfast / Dinner restaurant Tribeks , lobby bar South Court and Horikawa, Japanese restaurant.
Breakfast was definitely the best from all 7 hotels I have stayed during my “Japanese trip”.
Sufficient selection of Asian and Western food, live egg station, healthy food and tasty juices.
All you need, to get you going for your busy day of Tokyo sightseeing.
Small fitness room with couple of treadmills available, but nothing for a regular gym goer. That should be improved.
Who is it for :
For everyone. Really, great for first time Tokyo pioneers or regular visitors. Its’ great location and comfort makes it a perfect place at any time.
What makes it special?
- Great Breakfast
Not so good :
- No proper gym
- Airport transfer – Airport Limousine Bus https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en ¥1230 / 40min “door to door”
- Shinjuku Station – 2min walk
- Tokyo Station – 30min by train / Shinkansen train
- Endless shopping and dining options + Takashimaya Dep. Store – Tokyo Hands Building, has an astonishing selection of travel accessories on the ground floor, go have a look.
MUST SEE :
- Tokyo Skytree
- Imperial Palace
- Harajuku / Omotesando – discover corky stores on fantastic Cat street & have lunch at
- Smokehouse restaurant
- Godzilla Road
- Shibuja crossing + entire area
- DisneySea Park
- Fuji Q Highlands
THANK YOU FOR VISITING
COME BACK SOON !