Singapore Airlines Premium Economy Class was introduced in January 2016 but the re-fitted B777 on DXB-SIN route became available only very recently.
Of course, I couldn’t resist and booked return flight to Singapore straight away.
The seats are looking very sexy, with its orange stitching and details across the steel coloured leather, but are they comfortable and good value for your money ? Find out below …
SIA Premium Economy Class in ( PEC ) facts :
- 38-inch seat pitch ( 32-inch economy )
- 18,5 inches width ( B777 )
- 8 inch recline
- 2 USB ports
- 28 seats on B777 in separate cabin
- 2-4-2 layout
- Flip-up padded legrest
- 13.3 inch touch screen ( 10-inch economy )
- Double arm rest ( no more fighting with your neighbour )
Additional passengers benefits :
- Book the cook – online pre-booking of your favourite dish
- Priority check-in and boarding
- Champagne during flight
- Generous luggage allowance
- Noise canceling head-set
- Big blanket and pillow
What I didn’t like :
- No lounge access
- Screens in first row are stowed in middle island and once retracted they feel a bit wobbly.
- Screens were re-starting themselves every now and then
- No pre-flight drink
- Wi-Fi available only for purchase
- AVOD is not as easy to navigate through ( compare to Emirates )
- Washrooms only available at the end of economy class cabin
- Unsupervised children from economy class were let running through the premium cabin ( on many occasions )
The Verdict :
- COMFORT – to be honest, the seats look better than they feel. They aren’t big enough, wide enough and don’t recline enough to be really comfortable. The legrest didn’t support my feet and kept collapsing down.
- DINING is the same as economy class plus some extra bubbly and cocktails. I was missing a bottle of water in the seat. The service is excellent, but that applies for any SIA class.
- VALUE – Of course these seats are better then the economy ones, but economy in SIA is excellent anyway, so I would use PEC only if there is a special offer on or for a long -haul night flight ( 8hrs + )
Photo Gallery :
Premium Economy seats are available on all A380 and most B777-300 aircrafts flying to :
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- New York (JFK)
- Frankfurt (FRA)
- Tokyo (NRT)
- Sydney (SYD)
- London (LHR)
- Zurich (ZRH)
- Paris (CDG)
- New Delhi (DEL)
- Mumbai (BOM)
- Beijing (PEK)
- Shanghai (PVG) & Dubai (DXB)
THANK YOU FOR VISITING
COME BACK SOON !