Sheraton Miyako Hotel – Tokyo
Travellerczech Rating 6/10
Location : 6/10
Hotel is located in Shirokanedai, Minato-ku / Tokyo, 10min walk from Shirokanedai Metro St.
Hotel is not centrally located, so be aware you can’t walk anywhere from it, due to huge distances in the city. You may be mostly using the metro system. Get full day metro ticket to save time & money.
Also, I haven’t seen many restaurants or shops on the surrounding streets.
Style : 7/10
Interior lives up to the Sheraton standards with spacious lobby, neutral brown and beige decor catering mostly to corporate local clientele.
It looks better inside than on the outside, so don’t get scared off by the ugly facade.
Otherwise, except few art details, the entire experience was quite forgettable.
Rooms : 8/10
“Japanese basic chic” with no exciting decor or special touches.
Tea making facility, complimentary water and free Wi-Fi. Rooms are quite and beds comfy enough.
Bathroom is minimalistic but the toilet with many “washing” functions makes up for it 🙂
There is enough sockets to charge your devices but don’t forget adapter!
Service & Facilities : 5/10
The hotel offers Gym, Pool, Gardens, lobby Shop and free Airport shuttle which come & go in not very convenient timings.
Despite all of this, the experienced desinterest of the staff, rude receptionist and overall lack of welcoming attitude ( no to be mistaken with Japanse shyness ) ruined the entire stay in otherwise decent hotel.
Also, the cleanliness, especially at the pool area leaves a lot to be desired!
Food & Drinks : 7/10
- Cafe California – I have enjoyed a very good dinner and wine, but prices are a bit inflated.
- Shine Chinese restaurant – morning breakfast buffet, with decent selection of food, but if you are looking for your favourites international dishes you may be disappointed, as it caters mainly for asian palate.
- Bamboo Lobby Bar & Lounge – busy place with nice water feature
- M Bar – didn’t try , but it suppose to be the place where you get a good cocktail…
- Yamatoya Sangen – Japanese Restaurant
Value for money : 5/10
Double room from USD71
In my opinion, there are definitely better hotels in Tokyo. I wouldn’t stay here again as I didn’t feel welcomed, valued and also the “remote” location didn’t help either.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING
COME BACK SOON & don’t forget to follow us
on Instagram / Twitter / Facebook & Youtube – Travellerczech