AVANI / PATTAYA / THAILAND
Travellerczech’s Rating : 7/10
Pattaya has a reputation of the “party” capital of Thailand, but did you know, you can actually discover an amazing islands and perfect beaches without taking another flight out of Bangkok?
If you are having some free time in the Thai capital ,don’t forget to visit the “Angkor Wat of Thailand”,mystical ancient ruins of Ayutthaya.
Less than two hours taxi drive ( THB 1700 ) will bring you to the “resort” town of Pattaya. That makes it an ideal destination, if you have only few days and flying to Phuket, or Koh Samui it’s not an option.
I don’t like to waste my time in a traffic and prefer to walk and discover new places on foot. This means, to stay in central location. I also enjoy a quiet, peaceful and green surroundings, that’s why Avani Pattaya was my first choice. Read all about my experience below…
Right in the middle of Pattaya, but neatly hidden within a sprawling lush gardens. The hotel is connected to a shopping mall with restaurants, supermarket and variety of stores.
Avani welcomes you with open air lobby, pleasant decor with touch of Thai heritage, smiley staff and plenty of greenery, which for me, is one of the main reasons I have picked this hotel.
Rooms are newly renovated and entire property feels fresh and pleasant. Just the lifts could be changed…
LOCATION : 9/10
Simply perfect…few minutes walk to the nearest beach, shopping malls, club streets etc.
Taxi journey from central Bangkok takes just under two hours and journey from/to Suvarnabhumi airport only 1hour and 30minutes. The ride will cost anything between 1500-2000THB ( 47USD+ )
Note, Pattaya’s beaches aren’t very nice, but there is a plenty of boat trips and island to visit and enjoy turquoise clean waters.
I have hired a private yacht for a day to discover amazing hidden beaches and coral reefs with pattayboathire.com which is the best way to explore nearby islands. You can book with them directly by email firstname.lastname@example.org
ROOMS : 6/10
I have stayed in a Garden View Room on the top floor overlooking pool and the beach. These rooms are newly renovated with a light, fresh colours and decor, but nothing feels like you are in Thailand. Just a bit generic.
Bedding is very comfortable and mini fridge fully stocked to help to enjoy balmy evenings on your private balcony.
Bathroom is very small and it is hard to fit your toiletries around the sink area ( maybe I have too many 🙂 ) All areas were spotless at all times.
WiFi is complimentary with decent speed.
Room also includes :
- safe, mini-fridge, TV, coffee/tea making facility
- private furnished balcony
- complimentary bottled water
- complimentary WiFi
- basic toiletries
TIP : always opt for garden/sea facing rooms
MORE FROM TRAVELLERCZECH
SERVICE & FACILITIES : 7/10
Pleasant and helpful service. Refreshing drink is offered during check-in and all staff is friendly. Especially breakfast staff is very welcoming.
I have chosen this hotel especially because of the tropical gardens and pool. It didn’t disappoint. It really is a true oasis and the pool is very deep which I enjoyed. It also has a kids area, slide and whirlpool.
Hotel’s gym is a professionally equipped facility with huge variety of machines and free weights. Spa was just ok and the facial treatment I have tried wasn’t any special and was very costly.
Hotels main facilities :
- free-form pools with water slides, surrounded by tropical gardens.
- professionally equipped gym
- spa including outdoor massage hut
- cooking lesson area outside
- cute coffee/bakery shop Pantry at the lobby
- variety of restaurants and bars
POOL : big, deep, clean and surrounded by lush gardens with plenty of sun loungers.
SPA : ok facilities with nothing special to offer…
GYM : huge, fully equipped and perfect for a “hardocore” work out.
HOTEL GROUNDS : peaceful, lush and simply amazing!
FOOD & DRINKS : 8/10
- Garden Cafe is the epicentre of the hotel’s F&B offering, with all day dining and delicious buffet breakfast. I loved the fresh fruit juices and asian food selection directly from Benihana restaurant.
- Dicey Reilly’s is an Irish sport bar/pub and you must try their Beef Stew accompanied by pint of Guinness
- Elephant Bar is at the lobby and offers wide selection of cocktails
- Benihana restaurant is a famous japanese food chain offering high quality fresh sea food and specialities.
- Pantry at Avani is a super cute little food shop in the lobby with healthy snacks selection of freshly made coffee.
- Manao Bar is at the pool and serves pretty much anything and directly to your sun loungers or swim up bar.
- Sala Rim Nam is traditional Thai cuisine destination hidden in the middle of beautiful garden.
TIP : also try the nearby Casa Pascal restaurant for a great fine dining experience!
VALUE FOR MONEY : 7/10
If you do compare the location, quality, facilities and service, you are getting very fair nightly rate. I also went to check some competition around and non of them can offer such a spacious gardens and pool.
- at the time of writing this post, Garden View Rooms start from AED 590 ( USD 162 ) including breakfast.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING
COME BACK SOON & don’t forget to follow us
on Instagram/ Twitter / Facebook & Youtube – Travellerczech